Let me make this clear before I start:
I am no pro in this. I learned creating videos based on my experiences and opinions. Thus, whatever inside of this post is my honest opinions, and i have no intention of offending anyone, any parts of the society or any involved matter. I am sorry if i did offended, and i have no intention of doing that.
So, now that we’re clear, let’s start :3
What’s Video Making?
You could google up wikipedia for that, or ask anyone. But to me, video making is:
- An art of sending or expressing messages to others, where the famous saying “a picture can describes a thousand words”. If a picture can describe a thousand words, “a video can describe a million words”.
- A form of creativity, where you express your creativity throughout visual and motions. Be it moving pictures to slow-mo video footage, it’s your style.
So, now you’ve got what you wanna know the thing.
Let’s head on to the basics:
What do you need?
- Sources of video(pictures, video footages, etc)
- Video Making softwares
- Musics for video(depends on the style of the video or your taste)
- A COMPUTER, DUH
About the softwares, there’s a lot out there. Up to you which to choose, but i’d reckon:
1. Cyberlink Power Director
2. Windows Live Movie Maker
For the newbies.
There’s others like:
- Corel Video Maker x4
but i can’t seem to find it… Good, perhaps? Oh well, your choice.
So, for pros, you could try:
1. Adobe After Effects
2. Sony Vegas Pro
I got Vegas Pro 9 available to download in this site, check out the posts.
So, that’s that. Now you’ve pick your choices, it’s time to get into the studio.
What you need to know before you start creating videos are:
1. Your Video Style
- Slow-mo movie? Memories of school days? Action-packed? Wedding? All this plays their role in the transition, along with the music used.
2. Your video length
- Too short asks for more, too long would bore. It’s important to know how long your video will be in order to not betray the expectations of viewers.
- You gotta highlight this. Never ever go 18+ content, or any content that appears to be offensive to any part of society, anyone or any individuals. BREAKING THIS WOULD BE REALLY BAD.
- Who are you aiming to? Pretty ridiculous for kiddy movies to be shown to politics ain’t it? Creativity has it’s limit too, when it involves other individuals.
Okay, now that’s good. That’s all you need to know the basics before creating a video.
If you were to ask “how to create a video?” to me, i’ll answer “Ask your mind, your creativity will do it for you.”
Still, rather than just creativity, it’s limited to how your potential. Thus you’ve come across google or this site for tutorials, right? Then, you’re the same as me.
I’ll try to create and upload video tutorials, mostly on After Effects after i’ve learned much, and had the time. Look forward to it.